These responsibilities shall be the same for all positions with the same title. The responsibilities shall be short and essential. Details belong in the Work and Professional Development Plan.
· Ensure compliance with NRC policies, guidelines and standards;
· Ensure compliance with Core Competency strategy, tools, handbooks, guidelines and standards;
· Responsible for technical quality control and performance monitoring (quality at activity, outputs and outcomes) of Core Competency project(s) at area office level;
· Coordinate M&E activities and report to Area Manager on progress,
· Promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards & principles within NRC and amongst beneficiaries served by NRC.
These responsibilities shall be adapted to the particularities of the job location and context, phase of operation, strategic focus and type of programme intervention. This section shall be revised whenever a new employee is hired or the context changes significantly.
· Provide technical analysis and feedback in Area Office’s coordination meetings;
· Assess, promote and document ideas for M&E improvements and further program development options;
· Technical support (coaching, mentoring, on the job training) towards field offices staff;
· Consolidate programme performance report at area office (output, progress markers, outcomes, budget spent versus results achieved) of the Area Office;
· Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need, and explore and asses new and better ways to assist;
· Support the set-up of complaint mechanisms within the geographical area of responsibility, in line with existing tools;
· Support in close collaboration with the complaints and Feedbacks Mechanisms (CFM) officer the monitoring of the effectiveness and efficiency of complaint mechanisms in place;
· Support in designing and developing research, distribution, post distribution monitoring methodologies;
· Support in setting up a learning agenda;
· Perform data quality checks and observations to guarantee that data is collected according to high quality standard;
· Perform qualitative and quantitative data analysis, desk reviews and quarterly trends analysis with secondary data;
· Document project progress, M&E issues and/or questions in a way that can be channelled to the Area Manager, the M&E Coordinator and Manager;
· Support the team in other activities agreed and discussed with the management.
Job ID : 988
Location: Yola Dead Line:
4th March 2021 Job Schedule: Full Time
Job Category: Analysis and Assignment
Degree Level: University and Advanced
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent humanitarian organisation helping people forced to flee. We work in crises across 31 countries, providing emergencies and long-term assistance to millions of people every year. We stand up for people forced to flee, advocating their rights. NORCAP, our global provider of expertise, helps improve international and local ability to prevent, prepare for, respond to and recover from crises. NRC also runs the Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre in Geneva, a global leader in reporting on and advocating for people displaced within their own country.
Employment with NRC may lead to employment in or deployment to Regions, Countries, Areas or Offices that may be host to considerable health, safety and security risks. NRC takes this very seriously and we have procedures in place to reduce known risks, but will never be able to take away all risks.