S4P requires a Skills Development Specialists with a relevant track record, and interest or experience in the private sector and skills training. The Skills Development Specialists should have the drive to tackle new and complex challenges and work with us to learn, adapt and deliver sustainable benefits for Nigeria.
The project is looking to recruit three (3) Skills Development Specialists, to be located one each, in Kaduna, Lagos and Benue States.
The Skills Development Specialists will be responsible for delivering the following in each of their states:
- S4P requires a Skills Development Specialists with a relevant track record, and interest or experience in the private sector and skills training.
- The Skills Development Specialists should have the drive to tackle new and complex challenges and work with us to learn, adapt and deliver sustainable benefits for Nigeria.
- The Skills Development Specialists will be responsible for delivering the following:
Together with State Leads, contribute to the ‘Access and Quality’ components of the programme, responsible for implementing and managing the development of accessible and quality industry-led apprenticeship programmes, supporting progression to further and higher education to bridge skills gaps and shortages at state level
- Support the State Leads to oversee delivery of apprenticeship and skills programmes for beneficiaries within their respective states in collaboration with organised private sector and public training providers
- With guidance from the State Leads, facilitate and monitor on an ongoing basis the quality and relevance of training provided in skills development interventions
- Together with State Leads, support the implementation of all skills related activities and interventions including but not limited to NOS and learning material development, development of TVET trainer qualifications, implementation of apprenticeships and traineeships at state level and any other task as may be directed by the Team Lead and/or Skills Lead
- With coordination from State Leads, work closely with the MSE Development Specialist to attract and incentivise private sector investment in skills development interventions including the development of online/distance/blended learning platforms as an on-demand service to training providers
- With coordination from State Leads, work closely with MSE Development Specialist in the setting up, capacitating and monitoring Group Training Organisations (GTOs) to ensure quality training delivery and alignment to the overall programme strategies
- With coordination from State Leads, work closely with the MSE Development Specialist to ensure skills interventions are socially and gender inclusive
- Based on instruction from State Leads, liaise with key government departments to create focused skill development initiatives in line with programme strategies
- With guidance and support from State Leads, drive stakeholder coordination and collaboration with Training Partners, Assessment agencies, state focal agencies and any other relevant TVET stakeholder from Nigeria including assessment and reporting on the political economy at state level to enable adaptive programming and alignment to state specific needs and nuances
- Ensure the proper recording and reporting of data and storing of records in line with MREL requirements
Support the Skills Lead and State Lead in developing and implementing monthly forecasts and drafting of reports
Continuously provide feedback and learning from programme implementation
Level of effort
The Skills Development Specialist will report directly to S4P Nigeria’s State Leads with dotted lines to the Skills Lead.
- Must be a qualified Assessor and/or Verifier
- Candidate must hold a degree in education, engineering, physical or social sciences
- Outstanding expertise in skills, with extensive experience in education, TVET and apprenticeships policy and systems
- working experience of all levels of the skills ecosystem in Nigeria, including Training Providers and Private Sector
- Extremely well-networked with national regulators, awarding bodies and other relevant actors in Nigeria’s skills ecosystem
- Extensive experience in skills policy reform in Nigeria, and strong understanding of the local context
Experience working closely with private sector partners in Nigeria to deliver skills reform
- Candidates must be willing to relocate to and reside in any of the following states: Kaduna, Lagos and Benue