Health & Safety
Lagos | Full Time Healthcare | NGN 75,000 – 150,000
The Nursing Manager is a key member of the management team whose primary role is to focus primarily to develop and manage Nursing services for the organization. The incumbent will ensure timely access to high-quality Nursing care for clients through clinical systems improvements, and oversight of quality improvement initiatives.
- Minimum Qualification: Diploma
- Experience Level: Senior level
- Experience Length: 5 years
- Willingness to provide comprehensive home-based nursing to elderly clients in a residential care setting.
- Plans, organizes and directs the overall operation and function of the Nursing Services Department.
- Provides leadership, and evaluation of the activities of the Nursing Department.
- Ensures that nursing standards are upheld
- Ensures nursing care plan and assessment functions are in place.
- Provides an environment of quality, cost improvement that is data-driven, and develops systems to review utilization of resources and objectively measure outcomes of care in the inpatient and outpatient settings.
- Maintain regulatory and compliance approvals and accreditations.
- Work with senior management and medical staff to develop strategic plans.
- Ensures the maintenance of standards in Quality, Infection Control and Health and Safety, in the nursing division and facility as a whole.
- Ensure proper performance management procedure embedded to evaluate clinical competency of nursing staff during probation, and thereafter annually.
- Drives and monitor performance management process for nursing staff.
- Encourages a collaborative model of client care by providing opportunities for nursing staff to plan with the medical staff and other disciplines for the total needs of our client.
- Drives and participates in the assessment of learning needs and provides opportunities for development to the nursing staff.
- Maintains current knowledge of international trends in nursing care delivery and incorporate knowledge into daily operations of the Nursing Department.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- A mission-driven individual who can embrace and commit to Mission and Core Values.
- A self-starter, results-oriented personality, with the ability to effectively lead and motivate.
- Critical thinking, a decision-maker with problem-solving skills. Understanding of how to create change through influence and not through direct authority.
- Master’s Degree in Nursing (Preferred) with RN, BNSc, RPN or Diploma in nursing. BLS, ACLS will be an added advantage.
- Demonstrable leadership role and achievement in a slightly complex healthcare delivery system and must be skilled in handling conflicts.